A Guy, a Girl, and a Teen Book Blog

A Guy, a Girl, and a Teen Book Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cress by Marissa Meyer

Title: Cress
Author: Marissa Meyer
Pages: 550
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
ISBN: 9780312642976
Publication Date: February 4, 2014
AR Levels: Book Level - 6.0, Interest Level - 6th and up, Points: 22.0
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13206828-cress

In a nutshell: Lunar-born hacker Cress has been held captive on a satellite orbiting Earth for many, many years, longing to experience it for herself, but when her opportunity for freedom arrives, it doesn't quite play out the way she always imagined. This Rapunzel re-imagination will leave you breathless and dying for book four.

I'd recommend it to grades: 8 and up

I'd recommend it to: obviously fans of the other Lunar Chronicles books but also sci-fi lovers and fairytale enthusiasts

What I liked most about this book: Oh my stars! Just when I go and think Marissa Meyer couldn't possibly top the awesome that is Scarlet, this comes out and blows my mind! I thought surely I wouldn't love any new character as much as I love all of the ones already present in this series, but I was so wrong. Cress is sweet, kind, hopeful, imaginative, and smart, and she's got some major hacker skills. She might be my new favorite. The other characters we've already met shine here too...especially Captain Carswell Thorne. He undergoes some major character development, and now he's my newest book boyfriend. ;) To say that this one is a page-turner would be a gross understatement; there's heart-pounding adventure on every page, and plenty of humor mixed in too. This series is truly setting itself up to be one of my favorite YA series EVER, and I don't say that lightly. It all hangs on book four, Winter, which is out in Feb. 2015, but I'm confident I will adore it too. Now I wait...

Single favorite moment (without getting spoiler-y): Anything I say about the plot here would be way too spoiler-y, so instead allow me too ooh and aah over the cover for a moment. All the covers for this series have been beautiful, but this one is just gorgeous! 

Star rating (where 5 stars is awesome and 0 stars is atrocious): 5 stars (It's my favorite of the series thus far too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment