A Guy, a Girl, and a Teen Book Blog

A Guy, a Girl, and a Teen Book Blog

Friday, May 9, 2014

Blackbird by Anna Carey

Title: Blackbird
Author: Anna Carey
Pages: 256
Publisher: HarperTeen
ISBN: 9780062299734
Publication Date: September 16, 2014 (I received an ARC of this title from the publisher via Edelweiss.)
AR Levels: TBD
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20483089-blackbird

In a nutshell: What would you do if you woke up on a subway track with a train coming? What if you had no clue who you are or how you got there, and what if the only thing you knew was that someone is trying to kill you? Such is the premise for this insanely creative second-person thriller by the author of the Eve trilogy.

I'd recommend it to grades: 10 and up (for language and romantic situations)

I'd recommend it to: adrenaline junkies and mystery fans

What I liked most about this book: I couldn't put this one down, guys. I read it in one sitting. That second-person puts you right in the thick of the action, and it's a twisted race from start to finish. For a girl who has no clue who she is, the nameless protagonist is impressively self sufficient and basically kicks major butt, making the most of a dire situation. Nothing is as it seems in this thriller, and you can't trust anyone! I don't know how I'll wait for book two in this duology.

Single favorite moment (without getting spoiler-y): It's next to impossible for me to tell you nearly anything about this one without spoiling something, so you're just going to have to take my word that it's awesome and read it. :)

Star rating (where 5 stars is awesome and 0 stars is atrocious): 4 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment