A Guy, a Girl, and a Teen Book Blog

A Guy, a Girl, and a Teen Book Blog

Monday, April 15, 2013

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

Title: This Is What Happy Looks Like
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Pages: 416
Publisher: Poppy
ISBN: 9780316212823
Publication Date: April 2, 2013
AR Levels: TBD
Goodreads Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15790873-this-is-what-happy-looks-like

In a nutshell: When movie heartthrob Graham Larkin accidentally emails small-town girl Ellie O'Neill, they strike up a friendship, but each of them has secrets to keep. Ellie doesn't know that she's chatting with a movie star, and she has no clue that Graham's arranged to film his next movie in her hometown in Maine in order to meet her. Graham has no idea that Ellie is hiding a huge secret about her identity too. It's a charming tale that's part You've Got Mail and part Win a Date with Tad Hamilton.

I'd recommend it for grades: 9 and up

I'd recommend it to: fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedies

What I liked most about this book: I love epistolary novels, and while this one isn't completely written in emails, the one it includes are adorable. The main characters are also instantly loveable, and the plot has a quick and steady pace to it. I enjoyed it, but I still like Smith's The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight better.

Single favorite moment (without getting spoiler-y): All my favorite moments are too spoiler-y, but I will tell you one of my favorite characters is Ellie's beagle, Bagel. Bagel the beagle...how precious is that?

Star rating (where 5 stars is awesome and 0 stars is atrocious): 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment