A Guy, a Girl, and a Teen Book Blog

A Guy, a Girl, and a Teen Book Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Darth Vader and Son by Jeffrey Brown

Title: Darth Vader and Son
Author: Jeffrey Brown
Pages: 64
Publisher: Chronicle Books
ISBN: 9781452106557
Publication Date: April 18, 2012
AR Levels: TBD
Goodreads Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13163846-darth-vader-and-son

In a nutshell: What if Anakin Skywalker hadn't turned to the Dark Side and instead got to raise his son?* This collection of single-frame comics attempts to answer that question. The zany antics of Darth Vader and Luke are sure to charm you.

I'd recommend it for grades: 2 and up! Even adults will love this one.

I'd recommend it to: Star Wars fans young and old!

What I liked most about this book: What isn't there to love about a humorous Star Wars-inspired graphic novel? Even those who are not huge Star Wars fans will enjoy this one, but for the hardcore fan, there are tons of inside jokes that literally made me laugh out loud.

Single favorite moment (without getting spoiler-y):
I won't give away too many of the jokes, but one of my favorites was when Luke tried to hit a baseball with a lightsaber. Not so successful but very funny!

Star rating (where 5 stars is awesome and 0 stars is atrocious): 5 Death Stars ;)

*P.S.: The companion book, Vader's Little Princess, will feature young Princess Leia. It hits shelves April 23, 2013!  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris and Stephanie!

    I'm working with an author who is putting out two etiquette books - one for young, teenage girls, and one for young ,teenage guys! I wanted to see if you two may each like to review the books for your blog?

    If you'd be interested, I'd definitely love to send you more information! Just shoot me an e-mail!

    Thanks so much,
    Sami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sami! We'd be interested in reviewing your etiquette books. I'm unable to find your email address on your profile though. You can send us more information to my library's email address for now: kvegaspl@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete