A Guy, a Girl, and a Teen Book Blog

A Guy, a Girl, and a Teen Book Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

Title: All Our Yesterdays
Author: Cristin Terrill
Pages: 368
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
ISBN: 9781423176374
Publication Date: September 3, 2013
AR Levels: TBD
Goodreads Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13514612-all-our-yesterdays

In a nutshell: Em has top secret information that's so world-changing that it's landed her and the boy in the cell next to her in a top secret military prison. In order to save the world, she must follow instructions written in a note hidden in her cell and written in her own handwriting, which she can't remember writing. It reads: "You must kill him." Thus begins a whirlwind time travel adventure and romance that is sure to leave you breathless. 

I'd recommend it for grades: 10 and up (for language and mild romantic content)

I'd recommend it to: sci-fi fans, romance fans, mystery fans, and Doctor Who fans

What I liked most about this book: I'm so afraid I'm going to give something away, so I can't say much except that calling this a page-turner is a huge understatement and that I absolutely fell in love with the characters. I was stoked to find out that there will be a second book (as the author says on her FAQ page on her website), but I'm also a little scared because this ended so perfectly that I can't imagine there being more! If you enjoy time travel and mysteries and romances, you just need to take my word and read this one! It's one of the best books I've read this year and one of the best time travel books I have ever read.

Single favorite moment (without getting spoiler-y): There's so little I can tell you about this book, but one of my favorite moments is when a female character uses "Elizabeth Bennet" as an alias. Nice little Pride and Prejudice shout-out there. ;)

Star rating (where 5 stars is awesome and 0 stars is atrocious): If I had a time machine, I'd give this 5 stars then go back in time and give it 5 stars again...and again...and again... ;)

*I received an ARC of this title from NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment